Monday, May 10, 2021

How did the homestead hold up through the winter?

I had fitful dreams in Omaha that I'd drive back west in the spring and discover that the shack aspiring to be a tinyhome one day that I'd started out in the desert would be wrecked. Blown apart by winds and the uneven pressure of the earth before a proper floor could be built. Flooded due to floodworks dug hastily at the end of the year that wouldn't be able to keep the house dry against a hundred-year storm. Eaten apart by mice, held together by spiderwebs. I had no idea what to expect, and my subconscious mind was more than happy to fill in the blanks, the dick.

Well, I rolled up the day after I left Denver, and I decided to capture the moment on camera if you'll look to your left. Now that I'm back onsite, I plan on taking a lot more video to post up on here. (Boy howdy was uploading it a time... I'll keep that in mind in the future.)

In any case, after taking stock of that, I began dealing with my crops, a process that's still ongoing, and one that I'll describe in detail (with pictures!) in my next update.




Your ad could be here!

1 comment:

Spam and arrogant posts get deleted. Keep it comradely, keep it useful. Comments on week-old posts must be approved.