Friday, July 2, 2021

Kent Chamberlain and the Front Range Quest: Pictures

As promised, here's a bunch of pics from the last post. Make the jump to see the full set.

Dat rest area tho:





More pictures from a canyon on the south side of I-70:









I stopped at the San Rafael Swell, which provides both a spectacular view and an interpretive monument bending over backwards to justify Mormon settlement. If you translate "land nobody wanted" into Australian, you get "terra nullius." Here's the view:

























And here's the justifications, as well as a more general overview of the recent cultural history:









And that's all for today. Tune in on Monday to find out how I got back from Denver, and hopefully I'll have had time in the coming week to write it all up because this here Burger King is about to close and I need to pack it up. I hope that those of you reading this feel a bit more connected to my life and what I've been doing with it. And if you like the work I'm doing, and want to support it so that I can help other people live like this, please donate to my Patreon.




Your ad could be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and arrogant posts get deleted. Keep it comradely, keep it useful. Comments on week-old posts must be approved.