Saturday, August 7, 2021

Notes from this wasteland

I am not actually dead, in fact.

I've been wrestling with inept financial institutions who can't figure out how to send me a replacement card. I have over $200 waiting for me from Patreon (thanks again, everyone, from the bottom of my heart), but I can't access it because whatever stupid financial organization doesn't feel like taking the five seconds to make sure they can get pennies every single time I buy something. And until they do, I have to ration the tiny amount of funds I have in cash, so I can afford the money to buy the increasingly-expensive gasoline that's critical to travelling to town.

Which means I don't travel to town. Which means I don't write updates to travelogues that I planned to write a month ago. I'm only here now to check my mail and, after failing to find a piece of financial-grade plastic inside it, castigating the company into resending one if they're interested at all in keeping my business. Having done that, it now costs nothing to hang out and post stuff.

And I've got stuff to post, boy howdy. I didn't finish the travelogue of the Denver trip, because I can't upload pics and format HTML for them offline. But I have content that will get gradually rolled out.

First off, a comrade came by to visit. I've got lots of pics from that to share, and I'll eventually post them, although that's a huge enough endeavour that it might not happen this trip.

Second off, I've been taking photos from around the homestead, detailing various different aspects of life. A bunch of those are on my phone, which is currently dead inside my van, so I won't be posting a bunch this trip. But they will make their way to the blog eventually. (Pic related: I didn't have a picture of the current lean-to structure in my backyard for a recent update, so I took one and here it is.)

Third off, I haven't forgotten the political nature of this blog. It's mostly become status updates and travelogues lately, but I've been keeping tabs on the news. As usual, the shitlib media is trying its utmost to divide us apart from each other and distract us from the class war, so most of their reporting is unremarkable except for the usual imprecations against the bloodsuckers publishing it. But a couple things have happened that have been interesting enough developments that they have clear ideological ramifications for Marxism-Lincolnism. I'll be typing those articles, and I've got two pre-written just needing HTML markup, forthwith.

I'll be staggering publication as I usually do, so that articles I worked hard on don't get buried immediately by other articles I worked hard on. I see from the statistics that this strategy seems to work; individual hits on each article are slowly climbing despite my chronic lack of internet. So unless a lightning strike hits this here truck stop immediately after I hit "publish" on this, you should have a few days' worth of content to look forward to.




Your ad could be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and arrogant posts get deleted. Keep it comradely, keep it useful. Comments on week-old posts must be approved.