Monday, November 8, 2021

Kent Chamberlain and the Red Rock Forests: Pictures

I kept alluding to this thread in the main thread. Indeed, this might be the worthier of the two. I got me some pixels that day, y'all. I'm going to break it up into sections, so you can know what you're looking at. It's hard enough for me to keep it all together; it's been long enough now that I have to group the pictures by date to even know what I'm looking at.

First was some scenic area I stopped at before even getting to Highway 89. It didn't make it into the main narrative because there isn't much to tell besides the pictures. Anyhow, after you make the jump, here's that:











The most important thing at the scenic area though? This 'lil guy:



Now for the pics of Red Canyon, the real MVP of this trip. Here's a pic I took while driving (safely, slowly) on the way in:



And here's the trail I took up the canyon, and the pics I snapped up there:


























Here's the various pics I took at the visitor center. You can't always make out all the text on the signs, and I couldn't doublecheck the resolution of the pictures in the sunlight, but I did snap everything at least once.
























And then there's the second canyon I hiked, and all its flowers:













































There's also the mountain stream that became a creek that became a lake as I drove on. I began this post with one of these pics, here's the rest:














I forgot that I took a couple pics as I drove down State Highway 21. It was one of the emptiest stretches of highway I'd ever seen, and it was a straightaway for most of it, so I didn't put myself or others in danger or anything. I wouldn't recommend fiddling with a phone in most situations on the road... but if the vista is lovely, and your camera app unlocks easily, it's no more dangerous than changing radio stations.














Last but not least, this is the first rest area you'll run into on Highway 93 as you drive due south from my homestead. Or, if you're me driving home, the last rest area. It's got some stuff about local history and Native nations, and you can even read a little bit of it in the pictures I took:




















And that was a lot of formatting. Hope you enjoyed the pics, and be sure to come back later to learn about he rest of the shenanigans I get up to.




Your ad could be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and arrogant posts get deleted. Keep it comradely, keep it useful. Comments on week-old posts must be approved.