Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Receipts folder: Liam Askew

Sometimes there's a debate so cursed, you end up being forced to agree with a Trot about something. I did this in a discussion about the culpability of Stalin in the murder of a bunch of reactionary Polish military officers once, and mentioned how odd it felt agreeing with a Trot about something, because in general no absolutely not.

Rather than take the odd bedfellow in stride, he launched upon a huge wall of text defending the honor of Lev Bronstein. I responded the most apropos way I knew how. I could have matched theorypost with theorypost, but my God that sounds like an exhausting sidequest for an already exhausting debate, and you can waste weeks of your life arguing with academics about this stuff accomplishing nothing.

So I did this instead:





Your ad could be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and arrogant posts get deleted. Keep it comradely, keep it useful. Comments on week-old posts must be approved.