Sunday, January 10, 2021

New bookshelf entry: the first chapter of Class Analysis and Revolution!

I've begun serializing Class Analysis and Revolution, y'all. I will post a chapter every day for the next eleven days, with the last chapter going live on the last day of Trump's administration, a coincidence I didn't plan but that I embrace all the same. The first chapter is up, but you might as well start with the brief introduction.

This has been a moment building for a while. A lot of it was in the editing moreso than the writing. I know what I want to say, I just want to say so much, all at once, and it comes out all jumbled and confused. Editing it so the arguments progressed linearly and flowed from one to the other was the hardest part. I also had to figure out where to stop. There were initially going to be two extra chapters, one dedicated to what I expect a post-capitalist United States to look like, and one class analyzing the People's Republic of China. But the book is ambitious enough as it is; explaining to my comrades the dialectical logic in joining the GOP is going to be difficult enough that I should dedicate the first book to that. What comes after the civil war that will prompt can and rightly will be the subject of its own entire book. Class analyzing China in a fair and evenhanded manner is also going to be a weighty matter that will require all manner of documentation to ward off charges of revisionism from the Maoist ultras on the one hand, and charges of ultraradicalism from the Dengists on the other, and will also require its own book.

After the entire book has been published serially here, I'll release it in .pdf format, with a PayPal link attached since I won't be able to sell adspace on that. I want this knowledge out in the world, first and foremost. I'd like to be paid for it as a secondary matter, but I actively encourage people to steal, share, host, and republish this book. The method of class analysis it explains is simple enough to be understood by just about anyone, yet profound enough that it can change the world, I believe, if it becomes widely adopted by the working class.




Your ad could be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam and arrogant posts get deleted. Keep it comradely, keep it useful. Comments on week-old posts must be approved.